We are excited to invite new members to join us. Auditions are open to singers 16 years of age and over, all voice parts (SATB). Rehearsals begin at 7:30PM and end at 9:45PM, auditions will be held around 8:30PM. Please bring a selection to sing of your choosing, any style of music. Auditions may include some vocalization and sight-singing. Please arrive early to complete an audition form.
Our next auditions are Monday, September 12, 2022 and September 19, 2022. Auditions will be held at the Sisters of St. Joseph Motherhouse, Building #2, 1725 Brentwood Road, Brentwood.
Due to the current pandemic, all members, staff, and any individual auditioning must:
- Show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (either by vaccine card or the NY State Excelsior Pass) upon arrival at the first rehearsal. Proof only needs to be shown once and we will not make or keep any copies
For further information and to express interest in auditioning, please email us at email@example.com.
Tom Rice Memorial Student Choral Program
The Tom Rice Memorial Student Choral Program has been established to present the opportunity for high school or college students to further their musical education and perform with the Chorale. Students participating in the program will have all expenses associated with joining (i.e. membership dues and music) covered by the Babylon Chorale. Students will rehearse weekly with the chorus (September through June) and perform in the Chorale’s concerts.
- Students must be full-time high school or college students in good academic standing
- Students must have an interest in learning and performing choral music ranging from classical masterworks, to holiday and popular music
- Students are required to complete an application and audition to be considered for the program.
- Students must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.